MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bug Tracker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Initial Suggestion
A lot of forums today I am registered on use a bug Tracker, we use it here too on the Extend website. Every forum follows a similar layout in which they have a Suggestions & Feedback forum, these mostly consist of suggestions for bugs and also bug reporting. I think it would be a massive benefit to include this as a core feature and allow the administration team to activate and deactivate as they please. Generally this would allow for administrators to be able to bug track on the live forums with the input of the community.

Why would this be good?
There is a number of reasons for this being a benefit, for this example we will say a new theme is added.
Lets say the owner creates or purchases a new theme and brings it onboard their community live. As a general community does they run into bugs and issues within the theme, no theme can be made to perfection. The users instead of having to go and create a thread can access the Bug Tracker and submit a ticket. this allows them to see what the status is (Awaiting Response, Confirmed, Fixed, Disregarded) and also see who has been assigned to the job of fixing it. Keep in mind this could be left open for users to submit bugs they come across in general.

Permissions
  1. Enable/Disable the plugin.
  2. Selected groups can access the bug tracker.
Features
  1. Search the tracker for bugs.
  2. Current Status: Awaiting Response, Confirmed, Fixed, Disregarded
  3. Assigned Member: assign a specific user to the problem.
  4. Comments: allows users to comment on submitted bugs.
Previews of current ones on 1.8 Series.
[attachment=38516][attachment=38517]
I stand firm to my belief that there are better solutions out there are better solutions out there (Jira et al?) - and I would suggest this be built as a plugin, rather than in core for this reason - the MyBB team won't be able to dedicate the time to a part of the core that doesn't really affect core functionality. A user (for example, yourself) would be able to work out a better flow, and dedicate more time to it.
Definitely won't be a core feature. If you want a bug tracker, use a bug tracker.

If need be you can setup a dedicated forum and use thread prefixes.
Yep, definitely won't be core.
Hi,

Your MyBB 2.0 suggestion has unfortunately been rejected. Your suggestion does not fit with the direction that MyBB is heading in as a project at this time.