MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Cache Removal (NOT "plugins" under cache))
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In AdminCP, under Rebuild Cache, there is a listing of cache objects. Obviously, "plugin" is one of them.

However, there are additional ones, (at least) one of which is related to plugins I installed. One of those plugins is MyAlerts.

Today, I was unable to set a sticky thread, because it was erroring out at soon as I touched "Sticky/Unstick thread" in the inline-moderation. It errors out on "Fatal error: Call to undefined function myalertsmore_addAlert_stick_thread() in ../inc/class_plugins.php on line 139"

After doing some research (none of which turned anything up), I decided uninstall the plugin. I did so through the "Uninstall Plugin" in AdminCP. When that didn't work, I went through and deleted all files that were uploaded for that plugin. And when THAT didn't work, I went about clearing cache, starting in my browser, and then ended up in AdminCP Cache Rebuild.

I clicked "rebuild" on "plugins", and again nothing. It was then that I started scrolling through and noticed that "mybbstuff_myalerts_alert_types" is now an option further down in the list. There is no "rebuild" button with it.

And my website is still erroring out.

How can I remove this cache item?
I had a similar problem but with the MyLikes plugin.
The solution was to go to Templates & Style > Search/Replace
Then search for "mylikes" and remove the lines which told the browser to include mylikes.js.
Try searching for "myalerts" and removing any lines you find.
Hi,

That error isn't from MyAlerts, but from another plugin that adds extra alert types to MyAlerts - do you have a plugin like that installed? The hint is from the function name - "myalertsmore_addAlert_stick_thread" - note the "myalertsmore", this isn't a core MyAlerts function.

The reason that the plugin's cache doesn't have a rebuild, is because you should never have to manually rebuild that cache.