MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First website, need help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have to create a website for school and I purchased my domain through google's domain registrar and I paid for a host (name cheap).  I then installed MyBB through cpanel using Softaculous.  When I go to my websites domain I do not see the MyBB installed.  I just get the message "Site can not be reached" "server DNS address could not be found."  I need help on this ASAP as I need a working forum by tomorrow :/ (Don't bash my procrastination please.)  (Also I am new to the whole website side of things but I am not tech illiterate.  I have been building computers and  programming in JAVA for years, just never made my own webiste.)

Thanks!
You'll have to make sure the Domain is pointing to the correct nameservers. Namecheap should tell you which nameservers to use. If you cannot find what nameservers to use, try asking namecheap support, or check their help docs. Could you post the domain which you are trying to use?
(2017-03-09, 06:43 PM)ThunderTech Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to make sure the Domain is pointing to the correct nameservers. Namecheap should tell you which nameservers to use. If you cannot find what nameservers to use, try asking namecheap support, or check their help docs. Could you post the domain which you are trying to use?

Thank you!!

(2017-03-09, 06:43 PM)ThunderTech Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to make sure the Domain is pointing to the correct nameservers. Namecheap should tell you which nameservers to use. If you cannot find what nameservers to use, try asking namecheap support, or check their help docs. Could you post the domain which you are trying to use?

Site has been working great and I have been editing the forums to my liking, however I just need to know how to change the banner at the top! 

Thanks!
I always thought that videos are way better at explaining than just reading something so here you go:
https://youtu.be/K3ZgQ4Y9xTg?t=4m29s

Long story short, locate your logo.png in images folder and replace it with your image.