MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Turn On/Off: "Report this post to a moderator"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I scanned and searched the Implemented Features, Planned Features, and Rejected Features forums, before posting here.

I appreciate the high level of customization and the many options of MyBB 1.8, for example:
- Turn On/Off Purge Spammer button
- Turn On/Off Multi-quotes button
- Turn On/Off Warning Sytem
- Turn On/Off Reputation System
- Turn On/Off "Send this user an email"
- Turn On/Off Calendar
- Turn On/Off Portal

I suggest the same for "Report this post to a moderator" : allow all groups, selected groups or none to use. If a group is not allowed then the button "Report" is not displayed everywhere relevant. The logic would be the same as ACP > Configuration > Purge Spammer:
[attachment=38537]

Indeed, small forums do not necessarily need that feature and turning it off helps to streamline the interface.
(2017-03-10, 07:51 PM)Simicro Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I scanned and searched the Implemented Features, Planned Features, and Rejected Features forums, before posting here.

I appreciate the high level of customization and the many options of MyBB 1.8, for example:
- Turn On/Off Purge Spammer button

Purge Spammer is a moderator / admin function; normal users won't see this.

(2017-03-10, 07:51 PM)Simicro Wrote: [ -> ]- Turn On/Off Multi-quotes button

Agreed that some forums might want this.

(2017-03-10, 07:51 PM)Simicro Wrote: [ -> ]- Turn On/Off Warning Sytem

If you don't want, don't use it.

(2017-03-10, 07:51 PM)Simicro Wrote: [ -> ]- Turn On/Off Reputation System

Agreed that some forums won't want a reputation system

(2017-03-10, 07:51 PM)Simicro Wrote: [ -> ]- Turn On/Off "Send this user an email"

Currently individual users can choose to not accept email.

(2017-03-10, 07:51 PM)Simicro Wrote: [ -> ]- Turn On/Off Calendar

It appears that the calendar is going away, possibly with an official plugin.

(2017-03-10, 07:51 PM)Simicro Wrote: [ -> ]- Turn On/Off Portal

Agreed that not every site uses the portal.
Hello,

Thanks for your interest.

Please note that the suggestion is for Turning On/Off "Report this post to a moderator" .

Regarding Puge a Spammer: the admin/moderator are a form of users too and might want their interface streamlined.
A warning system isn't exactly a necessary feature, to be honest. Bans can fill the same role, along with posts in a forum to a discuss a user. Perhaps, a switch to turn it off could be a thing, although I'm not sure if having switches for every little thing is a great idea.

The ability to report posts is extremely, extremely important. I don't think it should even be possible to do so without plugins or core edits.