MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I currently run 1.6 and want to upgrade to 1.8 I have added this line into ./inc/init.php define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

Do I just need to download the full package then update or? - any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you.  Big Grin
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1); code in the existing init.php file doesn't help

complete pack of the new version needs to be uploaded to execute the upgrading script

you can follow MyBB upgrading guidance

remember to take backup of the database, config.php file & any other files which were manually edited
put forum offline, disable all the plugins, upload new version files, visit upgrade url & follow instructions

upgrade URL : forumURL/install/upgrade.php
(2017-03-11, 12:50 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]define("NO_PLUGINS", 1); code in the existing init.php file doesn't help

complete pack of the new version needs to be uploaded to execute the upgrading script

you can follow MyBB upgrading guidance

remember to take backup of the database, config.php file & any other files which were manually edited
put forum offline, disable all the plugins, upload new version files, visit upgrade url & follow instructions

upgrade URL : forumURL/install/upgrade.php

You recommend I remove the code from the init.php? also is there an easy way to disable all plugins or should I do it one by one?

Edit : I am getting this error now Language deleteaccountlang (/home/checkit/public_html/forums/inc/languages/deleteaccountlang) is not installed
plugins should be disabled & uninstalled one by one

looks like deleteaccount.lang.php file is located in the languages folder. move it to english language folder.
(2017-03-11, 02:26 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]plugins should be disabled & uninstalled one by one

looks like deleteaccount.lang.php file is located in the languages folder. move it to english language folder.

There is already one in there too, are you able to login and take a look if I give you the FTP details?
^ if above referred file already exists in the english language folder then delete the file from languages folder.
(2017-03-11, 02:52 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ if above referred file already exists in the english language folder then delete the file from languages folder.

It's upgraded but I don 't think it's done it correctly as on the ACP login it says "Please enter your {1} and password to continue."

Also there is no ACP PIN box - do you think I should restore the database from a backup and try again?

Not sure if it's worth mentioning I did have a custom ACP directory on 1.6
Edit: better method :
move all contents from admin named folder to your custom admin folder (overwriting existing files)

if you are using custom folder for admin panel then rename that custom folder as "oldadmin"
and also rename admin named folder with name of your earlier custom admin directory
(2017-03-11, 05:42 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: better method :
move all contents from admin named folder to your custom admin folder (overwriting existing files)

if you are using custom folder for admin panel then rename that custom folder as "oldadmin"
and also rename admin named folder with name of your earlier custom admin directory

I don't quite understand and have created a new install with 1.8 so I'll need to create all my boards again.

Am I able to import the existing board layout? categories and boards? if so which part of the database is this information stored in?

Also if possible could I import the posts and userdata? (not sure if this would be possible)

Or I could revert the files back to 1.6 from a backup then restore the database from a backup and perhaps give you details to try the upgrade because I've tried it a few times now and its just not working.
Pages: 1 2