MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error > 1054 - Unknown column
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'canviewdeletionnotice' in 'field list'
Query:INSERT INTO mybb_usergroups (type,title,description,namestyle,usertitle,stars,starimage,disporder,isbannedgroup,canview,canviewthreads,canviewprofiles,candlattachments,canviewboardclosed,canpostthreads,canpostreplys,canpostattachments,canratethreads,modposts,modthreads,modattachments,mod_edit_posts,caneditposts,candeleteposts,candeletethreads,caneditattachments,canviewdeletionnotice,canpostpolls,canvotepolls,canundovotes,canusepms,cansendpms,cantrackpms,candenypmreceipts,pmquota,maxpmrecipients,cansendemail,cansendemailoverride,maxemails,emailfloodtime,canviewmemberlist,canviewcalendar,canaddevents,canbypasseventmod,canmoderateevents,canviewonline,canviewwolinvis,canviewonlineips,cancp,issupermod,cansearch,canusercp,canuploadavatars,canratemembers,canchangename,canbereported,canchangewebsite,showforumteam,usereputationsystem,cangivereputations,candeletereputations,reputationpower,maxreputationsday,maxreputationsperuser,maxreputationsperthread,candisplaygroup,attachquota,cancustomtitle,canwarnusers,canreceivewarnings,maxwarningsday,canmodcp,showinbirthdaylist,canoverridepm,canusesig,canusesigxposts,signofollow,edittimelimit,maxposts,showmemberlist,canmanageannounce,canmanagemodqueue,canmanagereportedcontent,canviewmodlogs,caneditprofiles,canbanusers,canviewwarnlogs,canuseipsearch) VALUES (2,'Właściciel','','<span name=\"rainbow\" class=\"wlasciciel\"><i class=\"fa fa-beer\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i> {username}</span>','',0,'images/star.png',0,'0','1','1','1','1','0','1','1','1','1','0','0','0','0','1','1','1','1','','1','1','0','1','1','1','1','200','5','1','0','5','5','1','1','1','0','0','1','0','0','0','0','1','1','1','1','0','1','1','0','1','1','1','1','5','0','0','1','0','1','0','1','0','0','1','0','1','0','0','0','0','1','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0')

ver: 1.8.10
How to add column canviewdeletionnotice?

ALTER TABLE mybb_usergroups ADD canviewdeletionnotice tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

SOLVED!
Hey all

I just updated from 1.8.14 to 1.8.19 and I am now getting this error and can't create any new usergroup. Yes, I used the upgrade script.
My other forum, which is still running 1.8.14, creates new groups just fine.

I've looked for 'mybb_usergroups' to edit it, but can't find it. 

Does anyone know where it's hiding, or if the name of this file has changed over time?

Thank you for your help <3
It isn't a file. It is in the database, specifically the mybb_usergroups table.
Thank you for correcting my language, @dragonexpert.

Sooo for anyone else who has this problem, you have to edit the database. I had to do several searches to get this done, so here is the short version.

You will find your database on your webhost. I use pair. Choose Manage your database/(click correct database)/click phpMyAdmin. You will be asked for your database password, which you probably didn't stash anywhere (join the club).

You can find your database password in the first few lines of inc/config.php (click edit and then just copy it)

Then go back to your database, paste in your password, and boom, there are all the tables.

Click the myBB_usergroups table and you will see a whole lot of stuff. Click Structure from the top nav.

At the bottom, you can click Add a new column after___. Frankly it's a row, but whatever. Then you get this input screen with a WHOLE LOT more boxes than there are things here.

After some futzing, I made it work. Here are the names of the boxes and what to put in.

Name: canviewdeletionnotice
Type: TinyInt
Length/Values: 1
Default: click As defined, then when the next box comes, put 0
Collation: leave blank
Attributes: leave blank
Null: untick the little box
Everything else, just leave alone.

Click Save (way on the right)

Your new line will appear at the bottom of the list, and your usergroups will now work. At least, mine do. 

Good luck!