MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 2.0 concerns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.

I understand that their will be some changes in mybb 2.0 https://docs.mybb.com/versions/2.0.0/

But will it keep the core features I am concerned about? will it keep the default colors. ie the default blue, red, yellow?

Also will it retain the automatic youtube embed?

plus WILL MYBB ALWAYS BE FREE OF CHARGE TO USE?

ALSO HOW CAN I CONTACT THE MYBB DEVELOPERS ASKING ABOUT MY CONCERNS?

thank you very much for your time Smile
No need to PM the devs asking general 2.0 questions. Use the private inquiries forum if you need to ask something or ask in one of the 2.0 subforums like this one, the devs regularly reply here.
as fizz said, one should not send unsolicited PMs to the Staff (esp. Managers & Developers)

in general, Staff use signature / profile to state their PMs receiving policy !
What are your concerns? If it's about MyBB 2.0, then I don't see why it can't be in one of these forums.
(2017-03-12, 07:31 PM)Bigredclaygeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]But will it keep the core features I am concerned about? will it keep the default colors. ie the default blue, red, yellow?

http://mybb2.mybb.ninja/

You're free to change the colors, if you so wish.

(2017-03-12, 07:31 PM)Bigredclaygeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Also will it retain the automatic youtube embed?

I don't think that's a core feature in 1.8. It would be easy enough to add as a plugin if it isn't a core 2.0 feature.

(2017-03-12, 07:31 PM)Bigredclaygeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]plus WILL MYBB ALWAYS BE FREE OF CHARGE TO USE?

Thread from 2006: https://community.mybb.com/thread-7143.html

Nothing's changed. MyBB will always be free.

(2017-03-12, 07:31 PM)Bigredclaygeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]ALSO HOW CAN I CONTACT THE MYBB DEVELOPERS ASKING ABOUT MY CONCERNS?

Well, you're on the official community forums. The core developers will see this thread.
(2017-03-13, 05:02 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that's a core feature in 1.8. It would be easy enough to add as a plugin if it isn't a core 2.0 feature.

[ embed=youtube ] tags, Nathan?

They were default in 1.6, I would hazard nothing's changed.
(2017-03-13, 05:41 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-13, 05:02 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that's a core feature in 1.8. It would be easy enough to add as a plugin if it isn't a core 2.0 feature.

I assumed automatic meaning links being converted to embedded objects.
(2017-03-13, 05:59 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-13, 05:41 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

When I read this I assumed he meant the embed tags, which is functionality provided in core.
(2017-03-13, 06:12 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-13, 05:59 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-13, 05:41 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

When I read this I assumed he meant the embed tags, which is functionality provided in core.

no what I mean is the default video embed and will the default themes be included such as the flame red?

see photos below
embedding videos will be retained. basic theme color options are expected to stay.
Pages: 1 2