MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feature suggestion - User selectable attachment image display size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For attached image files, there are two global options for how they are displayed; as thumbnails or full size.  Yea, I know it could be a link too.

It would be cool if there were two buttons in the editor that would allow the user to select:
Insert Image as Thumbnail
Insert Image Full Size

Another issue with the current way of doing it is that if the board is set to display image attachments full sized, if the user does not put the image in-line in the body of the post, the thumbnails in the Attachments area at the bottom are full sized images too!  That really doesn't pan out!

Another cool feature would be a setting that would scale all full sized in-line images to some configurable size.  Say no larger than 640x480 for example.  Currently, when the board is set to display full size image attachments, users will post stuff directly from a camera, which of course is GIANT!  Many users just don't understand scaling issues or how to scale images.

I just started a new forum for a client and immediately bumped into this issue so I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for listening! Smile