MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private message bug or design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Several scenarios:

U1 creates a PM and sends it to U2. When looking at the message in Sent folder, it shows who it was sent to.
U2 receives the PM. It shows who sent it and who it was sent to. This is normal and works as expected.

U1 creates a PM and sends it to U2 and sends a bcc to U3. When looking at the message in Sent folder, it shows who it was sent to, but does not show the BCC recipient. This is not as expected. It should show the sender's full list of destination.
U2 receives the message and sees who sent it, and does not see the bcc addressee. This is normal.
U3 receives the message and sees who sent it, and sees it was sent to U2. This is normal.

U1 creates a PM and sends it to U2 and sends bcc to Admin1. Sent folder only shows primary recipient.
U2 receives message and does not see the bcc addressee. This is normal
Admin1 receives the message and sees the full recipient list. Why? I'll accept the premise that admin sees all.

How do I get the sender to see all when viewing his own message in the sent folder?
for me, on this site and on my own personal forum, it only lists 'multiple recipients' when a PM contains more than 1 user in the sent folder.
I did not see where 'multiple recipients' was a link that dropped down the full list.
I have educated myself and my forum members how that works.

And I am looking in private.php code to reduce admin overview so that message header works same for admin as for registered user. I prefer to call them private messages. BCC should work same as for email clients.

Not a bug. Working as designed.