MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Always use: use primary user groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

when I enter someones user in the admin panel, the default "display user group" is set to "awating activation"
if the user just registed.

I want it always to be "use primary user group":

[Image: JYIHCJ7.png]

is that possible Smile?
Great suggestion, but put in the wrong forum.
Sorry, I thought it were the correct section :/ can someone please move it? Smile

any suggestions Smile?
Can someone help with this :/ I really need it to always be set as "use primary user group" Sad
which version of MyBB you are using ? I am getting it as you required it ! [image]
I'm using 1.8.10
^ would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it
Looks like this is an issue with my Bcrypt plugin on line 232:

$user["displaygroup"] = (int)$user["usergroup"];

This was necessary for me because in my installation, I have foreign keys set on everything at the database level, so if the displaygroup is not set explicitly, then it fails a foreign key constraint, and the user never gets registered. However, I don't remember this Use Primary Usergroup option being around in November when I created this, so maybe it is new. I'll mark this plugin as only supported for 1.8.7 and 1.8.8 and make a note of this happening. To fix this, I would find this line in /inc/datahandlers/user.php and delete it. Obviously test it after you do this, and be ready to put it back in if something goes wrong.