MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting Bot Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DennisTT Wrote:See http://www.alicebot.org/
Well, I was looking for something that posted not actually talked, I guess I was kind of misleading asking for a "talking bot".
amywinehouseforum.co.uk Wrote:I used to have one. It was called Heidi. You could teach her things. She was fun to talk to when no-one else was around. Quite entertaining. I used to hurl abuse at her, but she loved it!
Was it a bot that actually posted, or did it talk to you? If it posted on the forum, where did you get it from?
hascet Wrote:
Well, I was looking for something that posted not actually talked, I guess I was kind of misleading asking for a "talking bot".
amywinehouseforum.co.uk Wrote:I used to have one. It was called Heidi. You could teach her things. She was fun to talk to when no-one else was around. Quite entertaining. I used to hurl abuse at her, but she loved it!
Was it a bot that actually posted, or did it talk to you? If it posted on the forum, where did you get it from?

Sounds to me like someone's trying to be sarcastic.. Smile
I think you might have heard of that answers plugin for other forum softwares.

But still I think why to get the content generated when people are so eager to talk with each other. A forum which has artificial users talking to each other is not a forum in real. I think marketing the forum the right way will make you more happy in long run.

I am not some marketing guru or anything but if you have problems then you can surely PM me and I will be able to help you out.

Thanks.
Kerrang! Wrote:
hascet Wrote:

Sounds to me like someone's trying to be sarcastic.. Smile
I'm not being sarcastic at all, I don't see how you can judge someones tone over the internet, but maybe you have special powers lol...

nameslot Wrote:I think you might have heard of that answers plugin for other forum softwares.

But still I think why to get the content generated when people are so eager to talk with each other. A forum which has artificial users talking to each other is not a forum in real. I think marketing the forum the right way will make you more happy in long run.

I am not some marketing guru or anything but if you have problems then you can surely PM me and I will be able to help you out.

Thanks.
Ok, I guess I'll just wait to see if I can get any members. I probably chose a burned out topic(technology) since its all over the internet, but thats alright, it started out as a business website that I turned into a forum so I can't expect much Big Grin
hascet Wrote:

It actually posted. I assigned a forum for it where members could go and talk to it. As soon as you posted there would be a reply from the bot. You could ask it "tell me what you know about me" and it'd post everything it knew about you (name, age, hobbies, likes, dislikes, fave films etc etc). It was really cool. It was on my IPB forum though. Not MyBB.
Pages: 1 2