MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users being randomly "banned"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some users are seeing banned message, by IP, when they log in or try to view a thread. 

None of these users has been banned, nor their IP. 

One of those banned is the owner. I am an admin, but not having this problem. 

see attached.

Version: 1.8.7
URL: http://nostickyresidue.com/forum

UPDATE: there were three banned IPs, all done 10 hours ago, but apparently they were added ramdomly, because there are only 3 of us who can access the admin area . The IPs do not match any of the people who were seeing a banned message. I deleted all three IPs just now and at this has solved the problem, for the owner at least.
that could be due to using purge spammer without checking the IPs
Are you with GoDaddy? I had this same problem and had 5-10 reports on a weekly basis, after a few hours they'd suddenly get unbanned. There was nothing in the ban logs or IP ban logs. I switched to a different webhost and that no longer happened.
I'll look into the godaddy question.
(2017-03-14, 03:42 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Are you with GoDaddy? I had this same problem and had 5-10 reports on a weekly basis, after a few hours they'd suddenly get unbanned. There was nothing in the ban logs or IP ban logs. I switched to a different webhost and that no longer happened.

I feel sorry for you... using GoDaddy. They are awful. I switched to OVH and have had no problems for a year now.
(2017-03-14, 06:19 PM)ThunderTech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-14, 03:42 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Are you with GoDaddy? I had this same problem and had 5-10 reports on a weekly basis, after a few hours they'd suddenly get unbanned. There was nothing in the ban logs or IP ban logs. I switched to a different webhost and that no longer happened.

I feel sorry for you... using GoDaddy. They are awful. I switched to OVH and have had no problems for a year now.

I used GoDaddy after first launching my site. I switched after a couple months. And likewise I've had no problems within the past year.