MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feedback: New Pagination Style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This whole thread is for feedback on the new style...That should include the prettiness of it! Toungue
I also see the issue with the pagination at the bottom of a forum view has been fixed.
It's not XHTML though Toungue The & needs to be escaped in the pagination
As I suggestion, I'd like to see a small text box (same color scheme as the pagination buttons) where you can enter a specific page number to go to. If I know that what I want is on page 77 of a 100 page thread, it's a pain to get there through clicking, clicking, clicking, clicking, clicking, especially on dial-up. You can always change the page number in the URL, of course, but it just seems like MyBB should be above people having to manually alter the URL to get to where they want to go.
Galen Wrote:As I suggestion, I'd like to see a small text box (same color scheme as the pagination buttons) where you can enter a specific page number to go to. If I know that what I want is on page 77 of a 100 page thread, it's a pain to get there through clicking, clicking, clicking, clicking, clicking, especially on dial-up. You can always change the page number in the URL, of course, but it just seems like MyBB should be above people having to manually alter the URL to get to where they want to go.

That's almost never needed unless your on huge threads, and I don't think we want to look like vB. Currently I like the simple way
Chris I have to say it looks very nice. Smile
You could get to page 77 out of 100 in three clicks using the [...] link. Wink
I like the new style, and if you ever wanted to get to a certain page in the thread without clicking for ages, you could always just change the number in the URL Toungue
TikiTiki Wrote:I don't think we want to look like vB
That shouldn't even enter the equation. If something is a good feature that would work well on the board, who cares if someone else did something similiar already? Not wanting to "look like vB" is a poor reason for disregarding a possible feature. Let's hope vB doesn't think up any more awesome features or we may never see those on MyBB either! Toungue

Doesn't matter. I'll just write a plugin for it Smile
Galen Wrote:
TikiTiki Wrote:I don't think we want to look like vB
That shouldn't even enter the equation. If something is a good feature that would work well on the board, who cares if someone else did something similiar already? Not wanting to "look like vB" is a poor reason for disregarding a possible feature. Let's hope vB doesn't think up any more awesome features or we may never see those on MyBB either! Toungue

Doesn't matter. I'll just write a plugin for it Smile

FYI, using ideas in your own form is one thing, copying ideas is another. If we put in a drop down box for page number you don't know how many people will say we "copy vB" - We're trying to distance our selves from our competition, not make our selves more alike.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8