MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked Myself Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I was making a Partner Rank and I thought I was editing that rank, but instead I was edit the Owner Rank and now I have locked myself out from the AdminCP.

What should I do?

Sincerely,
Riccardo
What exactly did you do?
You can edit the permissions by editing the forum database.
The permissions are easy to read and edit on the database (assuming you're using PhpMyAdmin).
Well I unticked the box that said has access to AdminCP I will now try to get on the database and change them from there

Ok so I am on on the Database control panel and I found this:
cancp tinyint(1) 0

So I changed the 0 to 1, but I sill cant access the Admin CP

and no that is not user CP or mod CP

Also at the top it says
"
SELECT *
FROM mybb_usergroups
"

What should I do
I'm sure you can still access the admin control panel
I just tested by removing my owner & admin role (I'm the first user so I get all permissions).
I logged out then back in and it still allows access to the Admin CP, it just doesn't show up on my options.
Try going to your forum then add /admin to the URL.
(2017-03-14, 08:30 PM)Riccardo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I was making a Partner Rank and I thought I was editing that rank, but instead I was edit the Owner Rank and now I have locked myself out from the AdminCP.

What should I do?

Sincerely,
Riccardo

Try and run this query in phpmyadmin

UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET cancp = 1 WHERE gid = 4

If you use custom tables change mybb to your custom name, gid is the group id for the admin group

You can also use this query to place UID 1 (the main account) into the administrator group.

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = 4 WHERE uid = 1;

-Mark
Hey Mark!
I ran that code and it said that one row was effected, but it is still not allowing me to log in...

Now
When I try and change if Rank Owner has access to the AdminCP or not this comes up:
UPDATE truegami_forums.mybb_usergroups SET cancp = '1' WHERE mybb_usergroups.gid =8;
(2017-03-15, 08:12 PM)Riccardo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Mark!
I ran that code and it said that one row was effected, but it is still not allowing me to log in...

Now
When I try and change if Rank Owner has access to the AdminCP or not this comes up:
UPDATE truegami_forums.mybb_usergroups SET cancp = '1' WHERE mybb_usergroups.gid =8;

What is the GID for the owner rank? and I have also sent you a PM.
How do I check the GID for the rank
and just to check to give access to the Admin CP it is "cancp" correct?
(2017-03-15, 08:39 PM)Riccardo Wrote: [ -> ]How do I check the GID for the rank
and just to check to give access to the Admin CP it is "cancp" correct?

This should now be fixed for you Smile

-Mark