MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing from vBulletin 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day, folks!  I have a forum running vBulletin 5.2.6, on a server running Apache with PHP 5.6.28 and MySQL 5.5.54.  I'm investigating migrating to MyBB.  My test installation of MyBB 1.8 was successful, no issues.  I then attempted to run the merge.  Step one of verifying the database credentials went fine, but I then ran into an error and could not proceed:

SQL Error:
     1146 - Table 'my_database.post' doesn't exist
Query:
     SELECT LENGTH(pagetext) as length FROM post ORDER BY length DESC LIMIT 1

It then recommended that I reach out for support, so here I am!  Any suggestions for a newcomer would be welcome.  I will be happy to PM details of my site to an admin, on request.
Well, I posted this a week ago and have received 88 views, but my only response was a PM from a spambot that wants to be my girlfriend.  Anyone here who could lend some input?   Smile
Hi,

Does the vBulleting 5 database have a "post" table? It should do, if it's not there, there's something different about your database to the example database that we've been provided in the past.
(2017-03-23, 06:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Does the vBulleting 5 database have a "post" table? It should do, if it's not there, there's something different about your database to the example database that we've been provided in the past.

Good day Euan T, thank you for the reply.  I checked, and there is no table simply named 'post'.  The following are the tables that contain 'post':
  • apipost
  • mapiposthash
  • postedithistory
  • postindex
  • tachyforumpost
  • tachythreadpost
  • thread_post

I'd be happy to provide a copy of my DB if desired, but it's fairly large (2.6GB).
Interesting. I've never looked at the VB5 importer, but I doubt vBulletin would have renamed the table in a minor release. I'll try and contact Jones who used to work on the Merge System and see if he has any ideas.
Hi,

Any chance you can share the database? It would be best to PM me the link rather than posting it publicly.
(2017-03-23, 08:44 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance you can share the database? It would be best to PM me the link rather than posting it publicly.

Sure, you'll have the link via PM in a few minutes.