MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i was trying to add and attachment of .torrent via admin cp but the highest characters u can have is 4 wta shall i do??
Run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin or your database program:

ALTER TABLE mybb_attachtypes CHANGE extension extension VARCHAR( 7 ) NOT NULL

[Remember to change mybb_ to your forum table prefix setting]

Alternatively, you can go into phpMyAdmin, click on mybb_attachtypes, and click [Image: button_edit.png] for the "extension" field and change the "Length" box to 7
lol i dont get it
Does your server have cPanel installed? If so I'll beable to give you the steps on how to get to phpMyAdmin.
yes my server has cpanel
can u plz help me??if u want to tell me on msn my address is [email protected]
Log into cPanel. Click on MySQL Database, go down to the bottom and you will see phpMyAdmin click on that. From there look to the left, you will see a drop down list, pick the database that your MyBB is installed on. After the page with the database tables has loaded, do the things DennisTT has said.

Marc
when i log into phpmyadmin and i have found the mybb_attachments where do i click to add the code that dennisTT has said??
You will see a large text box at the top, that's where you'll want to enter the code DennisTT made.
You click the 'SQL' tab then enter it into the textbox underneath.

Example:
[Image: sql.png]
k thnx i get u now