MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.9 Released - Important Security Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
destroyer Wrote:
crnicholls Wrote:I hate to appear stupid, but where can I find a clear instruction on upgrading from 1.2.7 to 1.2.9?

All i have found so far are instructions for patching 1.2.8 and a statement that if i have an older version than 1.2.8 I need to go to the main site and download 1.2.9 but still; nothing about how to upgrade it.

Thanks

Check this:
[Wiki: upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Don't forget to run the upgrade script, and use the "find updated templates" function in your admin cp after the upgrade.

OK here is the main point on upgrading that I am confused about, When it says Upload all the new files in the "Upload" folder including the install folder, overriding the existing copies (this contains the upgrade files also) to your forums root directory. is this the entire Upload folder that gets uploaded, or just the files in it overwriting all of my old files?

The reason I ask is that it wants to upgrade from 1.2.7 to 1.2.8 not 1.2.9 when I run the upgrade script.

Thanks
crnicholls Wrote:OK here is the main point on upgrading that I am confused about, When it says Upload all the new files in the "Upload" folder including the install folder, overriding the existing copies (this contains the upgrade files also) to your forums root directory. is this the entire Upload folder that gets uploaded, or just the files in it overwriting all of my old files?

The reason I ask is that it wants to upgrade from 1.2.7 to 1.2.8 not 1.2.9 when I run the upgrade script.

Thanks
You should upload the contents of Upload/ to your forum's directory replacing all files except inc/config.php and inc/settings.php
Then run the upgrade script. Smile
rh1n0 Wrote:
crnicholls Wrote:OK here is the main point on upgrading that I am confused about, When it says Upload all the new files in the "Upload" folder including the install folder, overriding the existing copies (this contains the upgrade files also) to your forums root directory. is this the entire Upload folder that gets uploaded, or just the files in it overwriting all of my old files?

Thanks
You should upload the contents of Upload/ to your forum's directory replacing all files except inc/config.php and inc/settings.php
Then run the upgrade script. Smile

Ok thats done and it upgraded fine but it says 1.2.8 not 1.2.9 is this a problem?
But in the 129_changed_files there is nothing that goes in the install folder... so how am I supposed to run the upgrade script? Confused

* FirefoxWiz is confused...
Follow destroyer's instructions above...
The download has since been fixed by Chris Boulton. But it will be simpler if you follow those instructions.

@FirefoxWiz: No need to run the upgrade script for this one. If your version says 1.2.9 in the Admin CP then you're all set. Smile
Hi,

There isn't a need to run the upgrade script when you upgrade from 1.2.8 to 1.2.9.

For the incorrect version number, look at my previous post:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid142627
Sorry, I dont' know who is talking to whom here.

I upgraded supposedly from 1.2.7 to 1.2.9 using the full 1.2.9 file as instructed in an earlier post.
crnicholls Wrote:Sorry, I dont' know who is talking to whom here.

I upgraded supposedly from 1.2.7 to 1.2.9 using the full 1.2.9 file as instructed in an earlier post.
Sorry, things are moving so fast at times... Smile
This was directed at you:
rh1n0 Wrote:Follow destroyer's instructions above...
The download has since been fixed by Chris Boulton. But it will be simpler if you follow those instructions.
rh1n0 Wrote:
crnicholls Wrote:Sorry, I dont' know who is talking to whom here.

Sorry, things are moving so fast at times... Smile
This was directed at you:
rh1n0 Wrote:Follow destroyer's instructions above...

No problem and thanks, it's all done.
Probably has nothing to do with 1.2.9 =P But i just noticed the multipage has been changed =D Looks nice Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9