MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.9 Released - Important Security Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Nice job. Upgraded.
Yeah I just updated my forum software as well.
Aaaand Done Smile
* Dr Small just made a forum the other week, and had to upgrade it to 1.2.8 because it was an older version.
Now I just had to upgrade again... Confused

Oh Well, thanks for the update. Got mine finished Smile

Dr Small
Didn't you forget to talk about the inc/functions.php file, which was modified since 1.2.8 ?
Thank for the update Wink
Alex131089 Wrote:Didn't you forget to talk about the inc/functions.php file, which was modified since 1.2.8 ?
Thank for the update Wink

hmm?
Tikitiki Wrote:hmm?

The new full release include the new old functions.php, with removed support of windows servers : http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid141634
Yes, the changed files package on only includes the fixes for the exploit. We removed the windows server load checking in this release so we don't have to deal with continual support reports who have downloaded MyBB 1.2.9 off the site and are experiencing the issue on their windows server
Tikitiki Wrote:Yes, the changed files package on only includes the fixes for the exploit. We removed the windows server load checking in this release so we don't have to deal with continual support reports who have downloaded MyBB 1.2.9 off the site and are experiencing the issue on their windows server

I just want to say that you don't talk about this change, and the file isn't in the mybb_129_changed_files.zip; but I understand that you want 1.2.9 to be only a security fix Wink.
For most MyBB forums it won't make a difference. We didn't want a big confusion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9