MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Configuring Search Engine Friendly URLs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - I have moved my website to another host 1and1 webhosting as it happens.

Previously, I had SEO friendly URLs and now these don't work.

I've confirmed the following:

- Apache HTTP server with mod_rewrite enabled
 - Apache: using an htaccess file, changed the name from htaccess.txt to .htaccess
Change the settings by enabling SEO friendly URLs - tried using auto detection too (or should this be selected as well as checking the 'Yes' button next to 'Enable search engine friendly URLs in Archive?'

My htaccess file is as follows:

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#

# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.

# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on

#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server

#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below

#

<IfModule mod_security.c>

# Turn off mod_security filtering.

SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

#

# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites

# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have

#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file

#   named .htaccess

#

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>

SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1

</IfModule>

</IfModule>

#

# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support

# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to

# the client faster.

#

<IfModule mod_deflate.c>

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css text/html application/xhtml+xml text/xml application/xml text/plain text/x-component application/javascript application/x-javascript application/rss+xml application/atom+xml application/json application/manifest+json application/x-web-app-manifest+json application/vnd.ms-fontobject application/font-sfnt application/font-woff application/font-woff2 image/svg+xml image/x-icon

</IfModule>

# Note: You are able to choose a different name in the Admin CP. If you've done that you need to change it here too

<Files "error.log">

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all
</Files>

After spending over an hour on the phone with the support at 1and1, they've told me to find new script for the htaccess file, as this is too complicated.

The forum works if I change the htaccess file back to the default for version 1.8.10 and turn off SEO friendly.

What happens is I get a page not found error e.g. http://in-business.org.uk/forum/forum-2.html

Please help.

Thank you.

I have solved this using this YouTube video thank you to ExpatKings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWl1nLwqU0Y
MyBB 1.8 automatically configures itself to have SEO URL's, there is a guide here from MyBB