MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can admin get email notification that a new user is awaiting activation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
^ @jorgon you can try changing the plugin compatibility to try it on MyBB 1.8.x
Hi .m

In fear of breaking something I didn't try that, but then your message gave me the courage to do so - and it worked!

Changing the compatibility field in the following array did the trick.

function email_admin_new_member_info()
{
    return array(
        "name" => "Email Admin about new members",
        "description" => "Send an email to an administrator if a new registration was made",
        "website" => "http://www.mybboard.de",
        "author" => "Malte Gerth",
        "authorsite" => "http://www.malte-gerth.de/mybb.html",
        "version" => "2.1.0",
        'guid' => '607b9c2229c876d962a7dd3bab3a4f96',
        'compatibility' => '18*',
    );
}

Thanks so much!  Now my life is back to normal!
Let me thank you also, .m.! It is good to see how that works.

I guess that the version checking ultimately is really only sort of a statement by the plugin's author that "I tried it as recently as version [whatever] and it still worked". And conversely, just because they stop supporting and checking does not necessarily mean the plugin will fail.

Failing is probably simply a result of whether some particular statements' functionality has been changed or deprecated by MyBB or php since then. 

But many simpler plugins will probably work fine indefinitely. 

It's probably also true that MyBB and php try not to make major breaking changes (unless it's really worth it).

Sound like a fair statement?
^ yes, many of simpler plugins coded for MyBB 1.6 series might work on MyBB 1.8 series.
that is the reason that an expert had posted plugins compatibility changing guidance.

however plugins & themes coded for MyBB 1.x series will not work with MyBB series 2 (which is in the development)
Thanks again for all your helpfulness!

Do they have any estimated release time for MyBB series 2? (If so, has the date been known to slip?)

Thanks again.
Pages: 1 2