MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: softaculus questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed my forum via softaculus and have members and posts. I heard mybb installed via softaculus in not ideal due to softaculus having slightly different files. How do I fix this to have the proper files but still retain all my members and posts?

I understand I asked similar questions to this one. But THIS question is slightly different.

Thank you very much for your help and time.
Do a Verification check in Admin CP > Tools and Maintanance and replace only those files.
Make sure you have a backup of all files before you do so.
(2017-03-19, 04:02 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Do a Verification check in Admin CP > Tools and Maintanance and replace only those files.
Make sure you have a backup of all files before you do so.

I looked and it says: "All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings." is that what i'm supposed to be viewing?

thx
^ look at the left column in tools & maintenance section. there should be a link for files verification

admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification
ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders
(2017-03-19, 05:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ look at the left column in tools & maintenance section. there should be a link for files verification

admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification
ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders

Thank you very much Smile it found 2 problems in index.php and inc/datahandlers/post.php @wallbb said to replace those files how would I do that? am i missing steps

thx Smile
if you are using MyBB version 1.8.10, then you can download MyBB files pack and replace those changed files
(2017-03-19, 06:00 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you are using MyBB version 1.8.10, then you can download MyBB files pack and replace those changed files

you mean I can delete the files in the softaculus version. then have the mybb 1.8 uploaded while in the folders. then extract the appropriate files and then add them to replace the deleted files?

thx Smile
^ you can extract the downloaded pack in your computer system & upload only those changed files to replace existing files