MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Block attachments from domains?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Title says most of it, really.  I'd like to block attachments from certain domain(s) - is there any way to do this within myBB, or is this something that can't be done easily?

I'm asking because it seems that some legitimate photo-links on postimage.com (or variants thereof) have been replaced by other images that are somewhat unsuitable.  I've advised my forum members to use the attachment tool within the forum itself, or to use links from Flickr or other sharing sites in the meantime.

I don't have admin rights to the server that the forum resides on at the moment, but will be shifting it to the box sitting next to me in the next month or so, and then I'll have more control over it at the backend!

Many thanks,

Matt
Quote:Title says most of it, really. I'd like to block attachments from certain domain(s) - is there any way to do this within myBB, or is this something that can't be done easily?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you talking about hotlinking or MyBB attachments?
(2017-03-20, 11:50 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you talking about hotlinking or MyBB attachments?

Nathan,

I'm trying to ban all links from a certain domain - be they inline image previews or direct links that point to postimg.com (or whatever)

I'm thinking that this is outside the scope of myBB and should be done at the server end - just thought I'd ask here first to save a bit of time!

Many thanks,

Matt
The word filter should work fine for that.