MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Set- Approve Threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's what I want to do;

- whenever a member adds a new reply or new thread I want to be able to approve or reject it before it appears on the forum.

How do I configure myBB to do that?

I'm running 1.8.6
ACP->Forums & Posts->Edit Forum. Then in the forum permissions tab you have to set that option on a per usergroup basis. Note that it isn't one of the drag and drop permissions.
or you can try using required approvals plugin coded for an older version of MyBB (see also this post)
(2017-03-21, 11:16 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]ACP->Forums & Posts->Edit Forum.  Then in the forum permissions tab you have to set that option on a per usergroup basis.  Note that it isn't one of the drag and drop permissions.

Ok....I think I found it in the Group----Registered.

Now, how do I get notification that there are new posts or threads waiting for approval? I just posted an experimental thread as a user and was told that the post required approval. That's fine. However, the admin (me) hasn't received any notice that there's a thread to be approved.
There isn't an option for notifications by default. That would require a plugin. You can view which posts and threads need to be approved in either Mod CP_>Moderation Queue or ACP->Forums & Posts->Moderation Queue. You can also view the threads and approve them that way.
(2017-03-21, 04:57 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't an option for notifications by default.  That would require a plugin.  You can view which posts and threads need to be approved in either Mod CP_>Moderation Queue or ACP->Forums & Posts->Moderation Queue.  You can also view the threads and approve them that way.

Yes, just as you replied I found that option in ACP.

Thank you.
here is a modified version of above referred plugin !
And if you want a message displayed in header for moderators/admins, you could also use this plugin.
(2017-03-21, 05:20 PM)limu Wrote: [ -> ]And if you want a message displayed in header for moderators/admins, you could also use this plugin.

That would be a good idea if you were looking at your forum all day long.