MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DNT Announcements plugin- How/where do I install it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone explain to me where and how to install DNT Announcements?

Ok. I figured it out.

Now the problem is- how do I create an announcement?

I don't know where to look.
1.- Go to plugin configuration and setting up usergroups for every type of announcements.

2.- Go to templates and styles and open DNT Announcements templates.

3.- Set youw own style depending own preferences you can use inside every template foru types of announcements, every one is used by sample on every template.

You can use the configurations at your need and done !!!

Enjoy it !!!
(2017-03-22, 07:34 PM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]1.- Go to plugin configuration and setting up usergroups for every type of announcements.

2.- Go to templates and styles and open DNT Announcements templates.

3.- Set youw own style depending own preferences you can use inside every template foru types of announcements, every one is used by sample on every template.

You can use the configurations at your need and done !!!

Enjoy it !!!

Here's where it's located- I took a screenshot
The question not is how to install it anymore, is how to create the annoucement text, for every style, ie. how to create an  annoucemente for guests only, how to create a annoucement for admins onlie, there is no configuration for it?, where is a front end to setup these texts?
And the answer is written in the plugin page itself, so read it and there you have it.
there is nothing on plugin page dude, if there was, we are not asking here, so you saying we are dumb
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=659

As you can see:

Usage:

This plugin add a stylesheet to add 4 types of customizes announcements. (dnt_announcements.css)

And it adds DNT Announcements templates for every style.

You can se an example of everyone case. You can add it with a new div and class for announcement types.

Then on config options you can set usergroups to show the announcements.

In templates you can add any announcement type at your own. And it is working for additional usergroups. So announcements must be shown by that requests.

This part you have asked for:

Then on config options you can set usergroups to show the announcements.

And here

https://community.mybb.com/thread-209243...pid1268281

You can see how it works

(2017-09-29, 12:17 PM)nodio Wrote: [ -> ]The question not is how to install it anymore, is how to create the annoucement text, for every style, ie. how to create an  annoucemente for guests only, how to create a annoucement for admins onlie, there is no configuration for it?, where is a front end to setup these texts?

About that question you can see it in documentation and previeous answers.

Example:

You have select guest announcements for guests, then disable all other types into plugin options.

And now go to templates, and select DNT Announcements and in guest templates set your own codes.

You can use any divs, codes you wish is only a proof of concept, you can use your owns or plugin styles, modify and or change it at all.

And i am not saying nothing i only contribute to mybb for users for free so i think the info is clear for many of them, but novices.

So you must inspect your themes for style and dnt_announcements.css

There you have styles.

Search for DNT Announcements templates into your style:

There you have templates where all texts and informations would be showed before display.

And search for configuration and DNT announcements settings.

There you have wich users can use every customized text. You can enable, disable at your owns. By default it has 4 types for every type of account, but you can choose wich usergroups can use it or do not.

And finally you can see the screenshots for reference....

I think with information on the plugin page and images must be clear at all imo.