MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Get rid of /quote ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I messed up something on my forum so that when someone replies using the "quote" button this sort of text in bold (my emphasis only) appears before their reply text;

[quote pid='266' dateline='1490133976']

Yes, that's a good idea.

[/quote]

How to I stop that stuff appearing?
Thats the default, i believe. When you hit quote it grabs the content of the post and inserts it into quote tags, and puts you in the advanced editor to write a response to the quoted post.
Those quote things, as mentioned above, didn't appear until today...after I messed up some settings (I assume that's the case).
are you using MyBB 1.8.10 ?

forum admin panel >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> your theme templates >> MyCode Templates >> mycode_quote_post

check content of mycode_quote_post template - should be like below
<blockquote class="mycode_quote"><cite>{$span}{$username} {$lang->wrote}{$linkback}</cite>{$message}</blockquote><br />
No, I'm using 1.8.6 (too scared to upgrade- the process looks like I'll successfully wreck my forum)
^ can you edit such a post and add a word after quote like below & check the result
[quote='tester' pid='266' dateline='1490133976']
Yes, that's a good idea.
[/quote]
I can't tell if you're asking me a question.
^ well, please edit such a post by adding a word in single quotes after word quote
& check the result AND post back the result here
[quote='tester' pid='266' dateline='1490133976']
Yes, that's a good idea.
[/quote]
It is recommended to update to the latest version - a lot of bugs have been fixed.
That's understood but the update process is a recipe for disaster for someone like me. I've read the "how to update" and thought, "this isn't written for us mortals".

It would be nice if you could just click a button and the update would be automatic. Plus, there's the mysql or whatever that stuff is called, which for non-tech types, is surely beyond my understanding or interest.
Pages: 1 2