MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [DEV] Form Creator / TESTERS NEEDED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Form Creator

After creating multiple custom made forms for MyBB boards either with xThread or just plain PHP I decided to put my time in developing a Form Creator Plugin. A plugin that allows less technical administrators to generate forms.

Features:
  • Create a form
  • Send form by PM to single user(s)
  • Send form by PM to users in usergroup
  • Send from by mail
  • Send form to a new thread in a forum
  • Multiple types of fields: Textbox, Textarea, Select (single and multiple), Radio, Checkbox
  • Ability to add Captcha against spam
  • Ability to add seperators, headers or a plain HTML block
  • Set permissions for a form to be used by only selected usergroups
Current state: V2.2.1 is released. Form Creator Plugin

GitHub link: MyBB 1.8 Form Creator
  • ACP module is done.
  • Form page done
  • Prosses action done
I've made good progress in the development last week. I'd like to release the plugin to the public when it's done. But before I do I would like some people to test is. Abuse it. Try to break it to remove bugs. If you are interested leave me a responce on here I might PM you a dev version when it is usable to some sort.
here i am Big Grin
i am in to test
Im here Smile
I have a board for testing
Oh this is amazing!

I can't believe I've missed this.

I'm developing a community that is very reliant on forms, I'd like to take part in this testing phase if I can please. Big Grin

Can I modify the output of a single form?

E.g

I've created a form that will output the Name. Location and Date to a thread. Can the the thread output look like this -

Name of User:

Date:

and so forth, that's just an example.

If that is how it'll work, will there be a section of the plugin in the acp where we can modify it?

e.g [B.]{form_question1}[/B]. [color=#996633.]{$form_answer1}[/color.] etc

Each form would have the ability to style its thread/post/pm output for example.

One last thing, do you think you could implement a date selection field, with a little calendar pop up to select the day.

Oh also, how about thread titles? Is it possible to include a form input into the title?

For example, one of the fields is a date selection field, could the title then be something like

Event: {form_answer1} Time - {form_answer2} etc and so when someone inputs the information required, the thread title is generated with some of the input from the form.
Not in version 1. Maybe later. Everything is possible to make yet im starting with the bare minimum
(2017-03-29, 08:56 PM)Burnacid Wrote: [ -> ]Not in version 1. Maybe later. Everything is possible to make yet im starting with the bare minimum

Fair enough yeah. Just ideas for the future. Big Grin

How goes the plugin progress so far?

I'd be more than happy to help test it out if you'd like to PM me the link. Smile
I'd like to try this. Hit me up with a PM.
Progress last days has been slow. Currently on creating the output of the form

[Image: 2lC9sTY.png]

Still have a couple of fields outputs to script.
After that processing a submitted form needs to be done

PM's for the first test version won't be going out untill the plugin is actualy functioning with the basics
First test phase launced for v0.1-beta
For now captcha and the mail function has been removed. Will be added in a later version to speed up release and testing.

Several PM's have been send.

@iso I can't send you PM's mate
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5