MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove WYSIWYG Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to make MyBB 1.8 feel more like 1.6 again. For that reason, I want to know how to successfully remove the WYSIWYG editor, but still keep the code buttons, like it was on 1.6. Also, I want this to apply to quick reply, and not just new reply.

I would also like this to apply to the search boxes, because I don't trust them very much. I want something more static. Thanks in advance.
Try one of the available editors on MyBB mods site
(2017-03-26, 11:23 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Try one of the available editors on MyBB mods site
Thank you. That worked.

However, when I upload an attachment and click to insert into post, nothing happens. Any clue how to fix this? Thanks.
Still not solved. If I can just figure out this attachments problem, then it will be.
Quote:Thank you. That worked.
which plugin did you use for removing the WYSIWYG editor?

There are some attachment plugins, maybe these would override your issue.
You could just force classic display mode.

Also:

ACP> Configuration > Clickable MyCode Editor in Partial Mode > Select Yes.
(2017-03-31, 12:11 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Thank you. That worked.
which plugin did you use for removing the WYSIWYG editor?

There are some attachment plugins, maybe these would override your issue.
It was Yui Editor.
(2017-03-31, 03:49 PM)Nemus Wrote: [ -> ]You could just force classic display mode.

Also:

ACP> Configuration > Clickable MyCode Editor in Partial Mode > Select Yes.
That was already enabled before, and I still got that WYSIWYG mode. I liked post editors/text fields better how they were on 1.6.
Ok so you can force the editor to - 'Put the editor in source mode by default' in every users UCP.
Quote:Ok so you can force the editor to - 'Put the editor in source mode by default' in every users UCP.
That still doesnt fix it does it fully? If you copy formatted code from the web somewhere, you still have the BBCodes to format it when the editor is in source mode. Its just easier to see for users that there is something wrong. But they still have to remove the BBcode to format it.
I think you would like the CK Editor, which is very much like mybb 1.6: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=849

It has no WYSIWYG appearance. I installed it the other day, but didn't like it myself, I use thr Rin editor. It's a little buggy, but it helps with mobile quick reply.
Pages: 1 2