MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make entire forum readonly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to make a board read only? I know that one can take the board offline, but what I need to do is to allow the board to be viewed, but to disallow all posting and commenting for the times when admins or mods are available to keep an eye on things.
I am not sure if there is a settings that already does this globally. But you could manually make each forum read only in their permissions section. You might have to make a plugin to loop through all the forums and turn on/off write access to do it as a one button click.
(2017-03-26, 03:03 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure if there is a settings that already does this globally. But you could manually make each forum read only in their permissions section. You might have to make a plugin to loop through all the forums and turn on/off write access to do it as a one button click.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm hoping to make the process "one click", but perhaps that is asking too much.
sql query like below can be used
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `open`= 0 WHERE `open` = 1
see also common sql queries guidance
(2017-03-26, 04:32 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]sql query like below can be used

Thanks. I kind of figured that was the only way to go. I so much appreciate your help.
(2017-03-26, 04:32 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]sql query like below can be used

Note that you most likely have to rebuild the forum cache and forum permission cache for this to work properly. ACP->Tools->Cache Manager.
i am assuming that to reverse this and open all forums to be read and write would be?

UPDATE mybb_forums SET open= 1 WHERE open = 0
(2017-03-26, 08:40 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]i am assuming that to reverse this and open all forums to be read and write would be?

UPDATE mybb_forums SET open= 1 WHERE open = 0

That would switch it back to what it originally was. Permissions are still required for posting replies and threads. You'd also need to update the forum and forum permission caches.