MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: post count is off after merge from vbulletin 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

I recently moved a large forum from vbulletin 3.8 (I believe) to mybb 1.8.10. Before the merge, the forum had 534,496 posts. The merge report from mybb after the merge completes says it merged 534,496 posts. the database table for mybb_posts shows 534,495 rows....but the forum stats are only showing the forum as having 134,156 posts.

not entirely sure what's going on here and I've ran all of the recount & rebuild tools several times without any changes and being that there's like a ~400,000k post difference, something isn't right here.

any ideas?

[Image: ElpNpxr.jpg]

[Image: Ctce8pB.jpg]

[Image: aTgdo1X.jpg]
I guess Euan has the magic touch as he was able to get this working correctly by first rebuilding & reloading all of the caches and then reran the recount & rebuild tools.
[Image: mgc.gif]
(2017-03-29, 07:30 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ][Image: mgc.gif]

hahaha. what's odd is that I did what you did in the reverse order several times without any success..I ran the recount & rebuilt tools and then rebuilt & reloaded all of the caches. oh well........
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why what I did worked, but I haven't looked at the code in a while.
Wow, Who would've guessed this to work?