MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom page - restore required templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, me again.  I promise I'm trying to fend for myself as much as possible, but.......

(and this request is far more to do with my current lack of php skills, although I'm learning fast)

I've used the page creator plugin to create a page in order to run a jscript and that's all fine and working.  But obviously I've ended up with a 'blank' page in terms of the rest of the formatting - what do I need to add into the start of the page to make it look like a normal page (using the default templates) but without any forum section?  I've tried copying from some other pages but that's not doing it, so I'm stuck.
I've always created new pages from scratch without plugins. Here is a brief tutorial on how to do this. https://github.com/dragonexpert/tutorial...t.html#L97

The template that you use output_page on should look similar to this
<html>
<head>
<title>Whatever you want the title of the page</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<!-- Your content -->
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
I'm not sure that mine is necessarily the most elegant piece of coding, but I've stumbled my through and have achieved what I wanted to, thank you.
(2017-03-27, 08:37 PM)rockingit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure that mine is necessarily the most elegant piece of coding, but I've stumbled my through and have achieved what I wanted to, thank you.

You'll get better in time. I wasn't always this good at writing code. I learned it all from scratch by studying independendly.