MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Donate - Coming Soon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

I would like to make a small ca$h donation to support MyBB, but the link under "Donate via Paypal" says "Coming soon"
https://mybb.com/about/donations/

How do I make a contribution?

Thanks for creating such a great forum.

Sincerely,
Keith
Donations haven't been accepted for a while because of issues with PayPal. I assume Bitcoin will be an option in the future, but as the project is well funded already (albeit personally by Chris himself), it isn't a huge priority. The project definitely needs more contributors in terms of support or development though.
What kind of development?
I'd really like to donate myself. This is my favorite forum software. And it's free, so I don't want it to go out of business.
(2017-06-24, 09:01 PM)EMPBLMMMSD Wrote: [ -> ]I'd really like to donate myself. This is my favorite forum software. And it's free, so I don't want it to go out of business.

MyBB is honestly not started for business so it won't go out of business till mostly users stops supporting or helping others, MyBB started as community based project instead of a company based project.
(2017-06-25, 04:42 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-24, 09:01 PM)EMPBLMMMSD Wrote: [ -> ]I'd really like to donate myself. This is my favorite forum software. And it's free, so I don't want it to go out of business.

MyBB is honestly not started for business so it won't go out of business till mostly users stops supporting or helping others, MyBB started as community based project instead of a company based project.

Well, that's good to know.