MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allowing MyBB code in sigs, but disabling the [img] tag..? It doesn't work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my board settings, under "User Registration and Profile Options," I have users as being able to use Mybb code in their signatures, but have them unable to use the [img] tag. Unfortunately, this doesn't work.
-What I want is for users to be able to use smilies and Mybb code, but NOT the [img] tag. I realize the [img] tag is part of the Mybb code; however, why was the option to turn off the [img] code also included in the control panel if it doesn't work together with the enabling/disabling of the Mybb code option?

I hope this makes some sort of sense... Sad
I think it's by default that you're able to use MyBB code and can safely use mybb code while turning off the img tag for sigs. I have tested it and I can't use the img tag but can use the other codes. I'll get to you later on when I have more time to fiddle with this.
I had the same problem. Read this thread http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...p?tid=1896

In upload/inc/functions_post.php on line 76 find this

if($allowimgcode)

and change it to this

if($allowimgcode !="no")

and that will fix the problem.
Futher to this query, is it possible to dissalow the [img] tag in just one part of the forum?
What i need to do is to allow guests to be able to post in just one section of the forum but because of the nature of my site its going to be open to major abuse, so i would like to stop them from posting images.
Is this possible?
You can enable the [img] code per forum. Go to the Admin CP > Manage Forums and click the Edit button for the forum you wish to disable the [img] code for. Then scroll down to the Miscellaneous options and set Allow [img] Code to No Smile
Well i never, i missed that completley. Many thanks Tochjo.
Ahh, problem, set up the forum and disabled the [img] tag, came onto the forum as a guest and could cut and paste an image code into a post and there was the image for everyone to see.
Doesn't work!
This seems to be a bug. I reported it as it doesn't seem to have been fixed for the next release Smile
I did what mykee said and changed line 76 and that seems to have worked.
Did the same thing and went onto the forum as a guest, cut and pasted the image link and no picture was shown, just the [img] tags and the link. So i am guessing that is the fix.
Many thanks to all.
i have the same problem, I disables the img in singatures but i look at the user cp in the sig option i read this

Smilies are Off.
MyCode is Off.
[img] tags are .
HTML is Off.
Max length is 255 characters

The term Off is not displayed in the [img] option