MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Advanced Sidebox] No images in ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello ! I'm quiet new to forum managing and i'm trying to install the first plugin on my forum : ASB.

I found no one with my problem on this forum so I had to create this thread.

I installed all the files in the correct folders i guess, but i can't figure out why images are not showing in the ACP interface (see the attached screen). Everything else seems to work, only this interface seems to lack.

How can I fix that ?
looks like required images are missing from the plugin pack !
you may try adding the images from an older version available on GitHub here

Edit: copy the images to ~/admin/styles/default/images/asb/ folder (if required, please create sub-folders)
Thanks for your very helpful answer but still, it doesn't seem to fix the problem, i might do something wrong ?
^ obvious query: are you using a custom named folder for the admin panel ?
can you recheck the path of those images .. ( ~/admin/styles/default/images/asb/ )
See what i have :

EDIT : I tried to changed the chmod of the files and the .png to 755

I think it quiet worked, but i'm not sure if it's the normal display
(2017-03-29, 10:21 PM)Gatas Wrote: [ -> ]I think it quiet worked, but i'm not sure if it's the normal display

Hi Gatas,
Sorry for the slow reply, but I am extremely busy currently.

That is not the expected look for that page. It looks as if the style sheet has not been installed correctly. It should be located at admin/styles/[your theme]/asb/global.css

If it doesn't exist, try uninstalling and installing again.

(2017-03-29, 03:13 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like required images are missing from the plugin pack !

No, that's incorrect.

ASB creates style sheets and images for each of the ACP and forum themes on install using internal definitions. You can view those definitions at inc/plugins/asb/install_data.php
Global.css seems to be in the right place.. I changed his chmod to 755 then 644 just to be sure it wasn't because of this (it might be a stupid attempt, but i'm trying ahahah sometimes it resolves my problems Toungue)

Anyway, i already tried to install/uninstall the plugin, i'll do it again if you think I should keep trying !

To install the plugin, I just drop folders and files from the .zip to my forum folders using FTP.. I put them in the right directories as organized in the .zip.. It's that way i'm supposed to proceed right ?

I'm sure I must do something wrong if i'm the only one having this issue.. But I really don't know where i'm failing eheh

EDIT : Eventhough my display is broken is ACP, i've manage to create a box, but I have Flatty theme installed and see what happen (attached screen).

What to do then ? I want all my boxes in the same column.. I've see a thread on how to put the "latest threads" feature in the "custom box" from flatty but i can't find it now.. What should I do ?
Lets focus on one problem at a time. I'd be glad to take a look if you can PM me some temporary admin credentials. I'll be around for an hour or so, but after that it will be tomorrow afternoon (24 hours from now).
Ok guys.. Problem resolved !

It was my admincp.js missing in my /admin/jscripts/ folder.

I don't know how the hell I came with this file missing, but after reloading the file correctly from the MyBB installation .zip the problem disappeared.

Now the pluggin shows up just perfectly and I thank you all for trying to help me ! Wink
I'm getting the same issue using the Cerulean theme, or the default theme. My jscripts seem to be in order. No image links work nor does the pretty drag-drop interface, it looks exactly as per the first screenshot. First attempt at installing.
Pages: 1 2