MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to create a location for custom page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i create a location for a custom page? When i say location i mean (Whos Online) it shows a location on the forum and what they are doing. I made a custom page for dvz_shoutbox as a sub page. However it shows people as unkown location when on that page. I would like it to say something like "Chat"
thanks for hte link

Where do these actual functions get executed? And what does the hook contain? Something like?
$plugins->add_hooks(my_plugin_wol)
Is the add_hook like a hash map linking the execution at the point of run_hook and the definition of the hash map at add_hook linking your string (in my case "blah") to the functions?

For example i editing /inc/plugins/dvz_shoutbox.php and added the following

$plugins->add_hook('dvz_shoutbox_start',  ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']); // load Shoutbox window to   {$dvz_shoutbox} variable 
$plugins->add_hook('blah', ['dvz_shoutbox','dvz_shoutbox_wol']);
$plugins->add_hook('blah', ['dvz_shoutbox','dvz_shoutbox_friendly_loc']);
//metulburr
//added dvz_shoutbox_wol and dvz_shoutbox_friendly_loc in attempt to add online location to shoutbox page
function dvz_shoutbox_wol($user_activity)
{
  global $parameters;
  if(strpos($user_activity['location'], "dvz_shoutbox.php"))
  {
    $user_activity['activity'] = "Using Shoutbox";
    // If I had any parameters I would do them like this:
    $user_activity['parameter_name'] = $parameters['parameter_name'];
  }
  return $user_activity;
}

function dvz_shoutbox_friendly_loc($array)
{
  global $user_activity; 
  /* Globalize $db if you want to query the database for needed parameters.  
  * Also whichever variable you cache data in needs to be globalized.
  * Globalize $cache if you are reading from a cache.
  */
  if($array['user_activity']['activity'] == "Using Shoutbox") /* Replace my_file with whatever you       called the activity in the previous function. */
  {
    $array['location_name'] = "<a href=https://python-forum.io/shoutbox.php>Shoutbox</a>";
  }
  return $array;
}

and in my custom page in my mybb root i have shoutbox.php
<?php

define('IN_MYBB', '1');
define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'shoutnox.php');
require "./global.php";

$plugins->run_hooks("dvz_shoutbox_start");
$plugins->run_hooks("blah");

add_breadcrumb("Shoutbox", "shoutbox.php");
eval("\$page = \"".$templates->get("shoutbox")."\";");
output_page($page);

?>
This doesnt show an error, or warning, etc. However it is not doing anything. I am not sure if it is a hook problem or the functions are not correct?

I found out how to do it by hard coding it
https://community.mybb.com/thread-36884.html

Works and seems much more simpler to add cases for you custom pages than learning the plugin process.
I wouldn't recommend looking at the DVZ ones as examples because they are written a bit odd. Learning the plugin process is better than doing core file edits because each time you update the forum, you'll need to apply the edits again.