MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who's Online Cut-off Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Can someone please clarify this: regarding Who's Online Cut-off Time, the description in the ACP says:

Quote:The number of minutes before a user is marked offline. Recommended: 15.

My question is: when those minutes are being counted? Is it since the moment he leaves the forum?
(2017-04-02, 11:08 AM)Simicro Wrote: [ -> ]My question is: when those minutes are being counted? Is it since the moment he leaves the forum?

No. When the user loads a page the session is updated. That marks a timestamp of the last activity. When the WOL checks for active users, it is looking for users whose last activity (session update) was less than x minutes ago.
Thanks Wilcard.

I try to rephrase to make sure I understand:

If a user leaves the board, approximately 15 min (default) later, he will dissapear from the Who's Online List.

If a user stays on the forum but does not load any page during approximately 15 min (default), he will dissapear from the Who's Online List.

Is that correct?
It sounds about right.

Keep in mind that the WOL page itself auto-refreshes so a user on that page would remain online constantly.

But yes, if a user loaded a thread and then did nothing else but read that page for x minutes, they would no longer be counted as 'online'.
Thanks Wildcard, I think I got it.
Note that if a user logs out, it instantly marks them as offline.
Thanks for that additional useful info dragonexpert.