MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make Search Log Work for 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the Search Log plugin, and while I've tweaked the compatibility line to make it work for 1.8, I'm having a problem with it displaying the IP addresses of the users on the logs. Instead of seeing actual IPs, I just see gibberish like "�W|�)Ȉ�". I tried to modify the variables within the files to fetch the actual IP addresses, but to no avail. How can I make the plugin work again? It worked flawlessly, even on 1.6. Finally, the "Search Log" text on the Tools & Maintenance menu is blank, but I can still click that blank area.

Thanks.
This plugin is eight years old, I'd recommend you get somebody to develop a plugin for you with these features.

Honestly, I'm not surprised its broken. It's two MyBB versions out of date. It's not supported and it's a miracle it worked in 1.6.
Actually, the search terms, dates, and users all show. It's just that I'd like to know how to correctly display the IPs. Everything else is pretty much normal to me.