MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: copy selected posts to new thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i tried to take a thread and copy 2 posts to a new thread....while leaving the original posts there in the original thread too. There is no option for this in the mod options, so i copied the whole thread and changed the subject. Now i can delete either or of the two identical threads as deleting either or deletes them both.

How are you suppose to take a thread, and you want to make posts#1 and #5 and make them #1 and #2 in a new thread.....but not split them out from the original thread....copy them.
Honestly, it's probably easier to just copy and paste the text. I don't really think that is possible at the moment.
Thats what i ended up doing. I have a plugin that allows mods and admins to change the owner of a post, and i just created a new thread and manually copied and paste the text of each post as my own. Then went through and changed the owners of the posts to their own.

Seems like there should be a mod option for this?