MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fontawesome Icons Loading Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After quitting Cloudflare, I noticed that everytime I refresh my page it takes too long to load Fontawesome Icons I use in my forum - like everytime I refresh, it loads it like it's not cached.  What can I do about this?
what is the source site of Fontawesome Icons you are using now ?
I remember updating them. I noticed that I can't use some icons and then noticed that they are added with update so I updated my fontawesome files, so it should be on my own site?

Everytime I refresh the page it feels like it loads everything so quickly and then it loads fontawesome icons. Either it takes more than it should or its not properly cached.
I recommend using the jsDelivr's CDN for loading Font Awesome. It seems to be the fastest.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/fontawesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" integrity="sha384-wvfXpqpZZVQGK6TAh5PVlGOfQNHSoD2xbE+QkPxCAFlNEevoEH3Sl0sibVcOQVnN" crossorigin="anonymous">
Where should I add this? headerinclude?
(2017-04-05, 04:10 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Where should I add this? headerinclude?

That should be where you load it if you're using it on every page, yes. Where are you currently loading it from?
In headerinclude I found existing fa.css reference, I use custom theme and my theme already had some font-awesome icons in it so I really don't know how this works.

I am changing that part to code you provided now, thanks.

Wow it's really fast.
(2017-04-05, 04:16 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]In headerinclude I found existing fa.css reference, I use custom theme and my theme already had some font-awesome icons in it so I really don't know how this works.

I am changing that part to code you provided now, thanks.

Wow it's really fast.

Make sure if there are any other FA references to remove them because you only need to load it once.