MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Don't be too fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, thank you for this great forum software. It's the best alternative if you switched from vB 3.6 to another software (in my opinion).

What I especially love is the fast bug fixing, compared to the phpbb Bug-tracker yours is... empty.
But there is one thing I do not really like. You always try to fix bugs very fast, but some of them are already a bit older. But others are fixed so fast, that... well, it seems that you have fixed the code and have not even tested it once.

Here an example:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=20918

DennisTT had to change his post, because in the first version there was an error, which was pretty easy to detect and I send him a pn about this issue (as normal users cant reply to fixed bugs, which is bad, as there ARE such "bugs in bugs".)
Nevertheless there is still a little spelling error it should be back.

So, to come to an end:
- open the fixed bugs forum
- take more time for your fixes. Its great that you react so fast and give the fixed code. But thats useless if that code is bugged.

Yours,
Yaa
I don't know why the fixed section of the bugs forum is closed now - it hasn't been before. You may ask Chris about opening it though.
I always test my fixes before I attach them here. And check through the code when posting.

The problem with the older bugs is that most of them are limitations by our current system and requires alot of rewriting.
Yes, some of the older bugs either can't be fixed due to various reasons or take huge rewrites like the thread tracking system which was rewritten in MyBB 1.4.

Normally, us developers do test it. However sometimes we just trust our instincts because the fix might be simple or easy. Apologies if we've screwed up but I assure you it wasn't on purpose Smile
I apologize for the mistake. Shy
You dont need to apologize, well according to the last thread by Michael83, yeah, I'm a german as well. I have an eye for details. So take the time and do it right Wink
To quote my grandma: "Quick, but dirty." (Although she can't speak english at all)
Yaa Wrote:To quote my grandma: "Quick, but dirty."
Big Grin I like that quote. I'll have to remember it.