MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread deleted on its own!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just had a very important thread deleted out of no where. I went to go read it today and its no where to be found. I did not delete this, and either did any of my mods according to the logs. They don't even have perma delete permissions.

It's gone from my database, it was post #279 which no longer exists in the database. How on earth did this happen? How do I get it back? I only have an old backup...
(04-05-2017, 09:45 PM)kinitex Wrote: [ -> ]I just had a very important thread deleted out of no where. I went to go read it today and its no where to be found. I did not delete this, and either did any of my mods according to the logs. They don't even have perma delete permissions.

Here is proof the thread existed in google, you can check the cache of it in google:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=forexflex...SSbQSIWtkg

It's gone from my database, it was post #279 which no longer exists in the database. How on earth did this happen? How do I get it back? I only have an old backup...

Just checked, it seems to be up now. If you can replicate the issue feel free to PM me.
I managed to manually restore it from an old backup which only contained half the posts. Once I restored it, it somehow restored the other half of the newer posts that were not in the old back I had. I have no idea where these came from, I guess they were still in the database somewhere??

Very confusing and I have no idea how it all happened, but I feel lucky to have fixed it as it was a very important thread.
Typically posts are stored in SQL, they don't actually get deleted from the database through the delete feature on MyBB. I would recommend you to backup your forum (ACP>Tools & Maintenance> Database Backups> New Backup), be sure to download the backup as well, in the case of more extensive issues with your forum.
You should backup your database and forum files at least once a day.