MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there dear members,
I have installed mybb forum a week ago and now I need help with the post count. Basically every time when someone visit some thread the view thread post count is increased by one. and in a day I got a big number which is not a real picture of my visits.
Is there any way I can set to count those thread views just by visitor, so that every user can count view only one time?
Thank you. Smile
Post count is calculated by how many times the page is refreshed, it does not account for who actually visits the page. It would require either a plugin, or quite extensive editing in order to achieve this.
You could just block the bots at server level. An IP blacklist is very common among webmasters.
(2017-04-07, 08:17 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]You could just block the bots at server level. An IP blacklist is very common among webmasters.

The problem with that would be genuine users would either be blocked, or the issue would not stop. A user refreshing the page from the same account and IP would also make the view count rise.