MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: where is my .htaccess file in cpanel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry but I don't even know how to begin to get ready to upgrade from 1.8.10 to 1.8.11

I looked at the instructions 

https://blog.mybb.com/2017/04/04/mybb-1-...1-release/

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/

and it says use .htaccess and change the i.p.

how do I do that? when I am in public_html all I see is htaccess-nginx.txt and htaccess.txt.

which one do I click?

thank you for your time Smile
you can make a new .htaccess file in public_html folder
(file name has a dot as prefix and there is no suffix after htaccess)
(2017-04-07, 03:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can make a new .htaccess file in public_html folder
(file name has a dot as prefix and there is no suffix after htaccess)

what do I put in the folder? so if I have this straight all I do Is I make a folder and name it .htaccess?

is that right?

I apologize if this is a silly question still new and learning Smile

thank you for your time Smile
in public_html folder you can create a file named .htaccess
please see the content which needs to be added into .htaccess file => Preparing for your Upgrade

or you can ignore .htaccess part & proceed with the upgrade.
(2017-04-07, 07:32 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in public_html folder you can create a file named .htaccess
please see the content which needs to be added into .htaccess file => Preparing for your Upgrade

or you can ignore .htaccess part & proceed with the upgrade.

so just to be sure even though the instructions say take offline with .htaccess is it fine to upgrade while online in board offline (IN ACP NOT .HTACCESS)? thx Smile

ALSO where is the UPGRADE SCRIPT? Smile

thank you for your help and time Smile
^ yes, it is fine to put forum offline through admin panel setting & upgrade the forum.

after uploading the new version files, upgrade script link would be :
forumURL/install/upgrade.php