MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will I be able to keep my theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a look at a demo of 2.0 and I don't approve of the look of it, how easy would it be to use the theme I am using?
The theme system in 2.0 is completely different, with a new templating engine and different CSS classes. Any themes will need to be recreated.
How long will 1.8 support continue for?
At least a year after release, though it could be longer depending on the adoption rate of 2.0.
Ok thanks, I am pretty sure my forum is sweet anyway. I have lots of notes saved so maintaining it shouldn't be a problem.

I want to apologise for disapproving of the look of 2.0, I know you guys work very hard and it is still in very early stages of development - I can't thank MyBB enough, it's the best platform I know of and the Apart themes as standard was what really sold me on MyBB.

I do like how there is a responsive theme as standard, I just really like the Apart theme and wish it is was available as a responsive theme - the closest theme I have found so far is the Retro theme, but the MyBB GoMobile theme has grown on me - I have customised it recently and it looks awesome. I guess I will wait and see, maybe i'm missing something and it will grow on me.

Once again, I really appreciate the team and how you all give up your free time to create such an awesome platform.
(2017-04-07, 05:02 PM)Nemus Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks, I am pretty sure my forum is sweet anyway. I have lots of notes saved so maintaining it shouldn't be a problem.

I want to apologise for disapproving of the look of 2.0, I know you guys work very hard and it is still in very early stages of development - I can't thank MyBB enough, it's the best platform I know of and the Apart themes as standard was what really sold me on MyBB.

I do like how there is a responsive theme as standard, I just really like the Apart theme and wish it is was available as a responsive theme - the closest theme I have found so far is the Retro theme, but the MyBB GoMobile theme has grown on me - I have customised it recently and it looks awesome. I guess I will wait and see, maybe i'm missing something and it will grow on me.

Once again, I really appreciate the team and how you all give up your free time to create such an awesome platform.

Well, the beauty of it is that people will be able to create a new version of Apart for MyBB2 Wink.
I welcome the new theme and once MyBB2 will be further in development, I will be working on create an entire new theme for my community - perhaps there will be themes that will interest you quite a lot more soon.
I'm sure I will come around to it eventually, but I really like the look of MyBB compared to other forums and it would be a shame to lose the layout. I would like to be able to create a responsive version of Apart, that would be awesome, the closest that is available currently (for free) is Retro.
(2017-06-17, 02:56 PM)Nemus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure I will come around to it eventually, but I really like the look of MyBB compared to other forums and it would be a shame to lose the layout. I would like to be able to create a responsive version of Apart, that would be awesome, the closest that is available currently (for free) is Retro.

That will be awesome Smile
MyBB 2.0 indeed will be different but it will bring new innovations all together with it.

Regards
WallBB