MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My first Upgrade [help]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got an announcement that I need to upgrade "You are currently running MyBB 1.8.10 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.8.11 (1811)" . I went to THIS PAGE and downloaded the changed files package . And I saw the instructions that I need to to the backup which I did. And after that I have to change .htaccess file so none of users can use the site except me while upgrading. Plus all plugins must be disabled durning the upgrade. Am I right so far?

And after that I just upload the download Changed Files to my host?
http://prntscr.com/etwo0b

And activate my plugins and thats it, I can start the forum again?

Btw, will all plugins which worked for 1.8.10 work for new version as well?

Thanks in advance my friends. Smile
closing forum through htaccess is not a must - if required it can be bypassed.
however forum should be kept offline through admin panel setting (Configuration section)

deactivating all plugins is also not a necessary as it is a minor upgrade

you can take database backup, upload the changed files pack & run the upgrade script
by visiting forumURL/install/upgrade.php on your browser & following the instructions

earlier plugins continue working on MyBB 1.8.11
(2017-04-08, 10:29 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]closing forum through htaccess is not a must - if required it can be bypassed.
however forum should be kept offline through admin panel setting (Configuration section)  

deactivating all plugins is also not a necessary as it is a minor upgrade

you can take database backup, upload the changed files pack & run the upgrade script
by visiting forumURL/install/upgrade.php on your browser & following the instructions

earlier plugins  continue working on MyBB 1.8.11

Thank you I have just updated MyBB successfully. Smile