MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating PHP Shop system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am acutally new to mybb plugins creating but i know PHP lets say good enough to write something cool.
On my forum I am using steam login plugin to get STEAM64 from users and use it later in my shop system (related cs:go servers).
My first thoughts were about creating external shop system that requires steam open id thats not merged with mybb but now I realised I can use mybb steam login feautre to handle this and my main question is:
How to do this in mybb? And is it even worth doing this or first idea is better, to actually separate forums and that shop system? I know how to program in objective php but I am not sure if I know how to use it properly in mybb.
Hope my post is clear enough to read for you and I am looking forward to hear back from you.
check if you can make use of XThreads plugin
(2017-04-09, 04:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]check if you can make use of XThreads plugin

Thank you for your reply,
Honestly I think this is really powerful plugin but I am not sure or I don't know how I can make use of it in proper way.
Actually all I need from mybb is to get users login name but I think it can be easily done (saw it in some other plugins). Also i would make custom mybb page to keep users still on forums and don't redirect them on other pages.
No, not worth doing because I'd put my life savings on you not being a good enough coder to make a secure shop app, no offense. Why make one by yourself from scratch when large teams have made them over much longer periods of time and tested them against very and varied userbases. I'd just use one of the dozens of free ecommerce apps that are open source and have been reviewed by large communities. Those have way more features than anything you could make on your own and most, if not all, of them have APIs that would allow you to sync your users between MyBB and the store.

What would definitely be cool though is if you let users login/register with steam and then allowed them to maintain that user account in the store too so that they didn't have to register a new account. Granted you'd probably need to store some billing info or something so not sure that would work.
I would suggest trying it on MyBB 2.0 than 1.8.x . 2.0 might come up in an year and you will be ready for integration at that time.