MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making support forum. Hide parts of post's content from others. How
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched and not found. Is it a way to allow users to post a post, and hide parts of that post's content from all other users, but let mods and admins see it?

The purpose is to have a support forum, and the user may post sensitive information, and it must be hidden from all others than the mods and admins.
a private section can be used where thread starter can see own posts & the replies by moderating staff

see more details here
Yes, I am aware. And that is what I use per now. But I'd like all registered users to see the posts, except the hidden parts of a post. The reason is that many users ask the same things, and often the answer is not containing sensitive information. This was the forum can act like a "look up" place for solutions.
This is the kind of plugin I want.

https://mods.mybb.com/view/hide-to-guests

This is for 1.4, can I use this with 1.8 with some compability edits? (I have never done that before. Have no clue how long back in versions the compability thingy goes. )
^ here is the equivalent plugin made for MyBB 1.8.x => Hide to guest