MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with logging out after upgrade to 1.2.8 - cont'd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I would have put this post at the end of the other thread, but it was closed...I guess due to a fight between Chris and another user. Just thought I'd add my two cents, since I finally upgraded my test forum!

I also got the error that I couldn't log out. The following post helped me deal with it and fix it!

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid140142

That one thread should help others that encounter the same problem. I do not have coppermine or extensively customized templates. I basically use the default and have changed the colors and backgrounds...I did a "find updated" but none of the templates stated that a revert was necessary or mandatory. I did however, have to do all but the last logout session changes myself in the templates!

So even though I've done these upgrades numerous times, I suppose the blame will be rested in my lap? Either way, I think it's important for others to know how easy it is to fix this problem! Just follow the above link and make those changes in the noted templates...since for some reason they won't do it themselves during the upgrade! Smile

By the way, I also got the "cannot modify header" error at the top...easy enough to fix by uploading a new index.lang.php file from the full 1.2.9 download currently available! Just FYI!
I think you may be a bit confused. The "Find Updated" does not tell you what templates are necessary or mandatory to update, it simply shows a list of changed templates since last version vs. current version. Either you can do a diff and apply the changes yourself or revert them.
Well, all this time, that is what I thought we needed to do that would tell us if any templates needed to be reverted or not! Didn't I read that somewhere?

Quote:Since MyBB 1.2.7 the following templates have been changed. "Revert required" indicates that for this template to work correctly with MyBB 1.2.8 you'll either need to revert it to the default or modify your custom template to include the changes in the default. If a revert is not required your custom version of the template should work perfectly fine.

* changeuserbox - Revert required
* forumdisplay_announcements_announcement_modbit - Added
* forumdisplay_announcements_announcement - Revert required
* header_welcomeblock_member - Revert required
* index_logoutlink - Revert required
* misc_imcenter_icq - Revert required
So "revert required" doesn't show up on our forums? It means that if it says that, that we need to go through and do the changes ourselves? Yeah, I guess I was a bit confused all this time! I thought that revert required would show up if we needed to revert the templates! And if that confused me...you're dang right it will confuse many others!
judel Wrote:So "revert required" doesn't show up on our forums? It means that if it says that, that we need to go through and do the changes ourselves?

Yes, exactly. Or just click revert Wink
Well, I would certainly never click revert! That would just be stupid, now, wouldn't it? Toungue Good to know though! Might make the future upgrades more manageable!
Thanks for this thread, Judel! Big Grin The link to this post really helped! ^^
Yeah, I thought it necessary to bookmark when I actually upgrade my main forum! Glad it helped you too! Big Grin