MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I'm new to MyBB, but am looking to embed a 'forum' into my website, but need a couple of specific features. 

Before I try and fully understand how mybb works, would it be possible to have a forum where all users have to register, but all forum posts and replies are anonymous? I.E. it never shows a username by threads or replies? Ideally when people register they don't have the option to choose a username, and everybody is just 'anonymous' by default. 

Also, would it be possible to be able to limit replies to a topic by word count or letter count? A bit like twitter does. 

Thanks in advance, 

Ollie
(2017-04-12, 07:42 AM)olnorth Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 

I'm new to MyBB, but am looking to embed a 'forum' into my website, but need a couple of specific features. 

Before I try and fully understand how mybb works, would it be possible to have a forum where all users have to register, but all forum posts and replies are anonymous? I.E. it never shows a username by threads or replies? Ideally when people register they don't have the option to choose a username, and everybody is just 'anonymous' by default. 

Also, would it be possible to be able to limit replies to a topic by word count or letter count? A bit like twitter does. 

Thanks in advance, 

Ollie

Can't be done without a plugin. If you wan to nest your forum in a different page you can use an iframe to accomplish that. There have been several posts already on anonymous posting, such as the one here https://community.mybb.com/thread-49919.html