MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop zoom on text fields on iphone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It doesn't happen in the private message quick reply, but the thread quick reply seems to zoom in and the keyboard doesn't go away when you scroll up to look at the posts while typing.
Try GoMobile, or a responsive theme. Most themes are not compatible with smaller devices, if you want me to check it our link your forum.
I have got GoMobile. My forum is available in my user title and in my website link.

Test
test123
Here's how your site will look on a smaller device
[Image: 980bd35da3647d8bbe6e7fa3d753aba1.png]

Other than that it seems to be working fine.
I know, that is how it looks on my iPhone. That's not what the OP is about though.

The problem is when I reply to a post using the quick reply, the screen zooms and then when I scroll up to look at a post after closing down the keyboard, it keeps zooming and re-opening the keyboard. It doesn't do this in the private message reply however and so I was wondering if it has something to do with the text size. Apparently, iPhones zoom in when the text is smaller than 13px, but I can't find find anything in the templates, or I am looking athe wrong templates to change this to a higher number.

I have disabled the advanced editor plus, which provides a sceditor WYSIWYG editor in the quick reply for now, I was going to try the rin editor, but I wanted to know how I could prevent the zooming in/keyboard opening after closing problem when using it.

Note that it doesn't happen on Android, or Windows, only iPhone.

It's okay, I installed Rin Editor and it is much better, bigger buttons and the zoom problem is fixed too.