MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Analytics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently for site analytics I use 'Google Analytics' and whileas it does a good job it can cause privacy concerns for some (honestly like just use ublock and privacy lists!) but it'd be nice if their was an analytics system built into MyBB which could even tie activity to specific user accounts. We'd be able to learn more about our users in a more privacy friendly way. What are your thoughts on this?
User Logs in your ACP.
(2017-04-13, 02:46 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]User Logs in your ACP.

Not the same thing. I'm talking about a full-out analytics system that's heavily integrated with MyBB.
I can't see why this would/should be core. Nor MyBB exclusive.
It is better to have as a plugin - easier to maintain, core should contains only the most important things and API to integrate another things easily...
Probably best off just running your own instance of Piwik really, as it gives all the details you want without sending the data off to Google.
Yeah I was going to say there's no need to make something like this for just MyBB, there's a ton of tools already out there that can do this and not send your data to a massive tech firm.